Bolt Technology OÜ (Company Registration Number 12417834) located at Vana-Lõuna 39/1, Tallinn 10134, Estonia, is the controller of personal data of passengers and has appointed a Data Protection Officer (email@example.com).
The term "us" or "we" refers to the owner of the Bolt app, Bolt Technology OÜ, a private limited company, founded in the Republic of Estonia.
1. Personal data we collect
- Name, e-mail, phone number, place of residence.
- Your geolocation and driving routes.
- Information about vehicles (including registration number).
- Your efficiency and ratings.
- Your driver's license, photo, profession and identity documents.
- Data about criminal convictions and offences. The financial data of providing transportation services is not considered as personal data, because drivers provide services in the course of economic and professional activities.
2. Purposes of the collection and disclosure
- We collect and process personal data for the purpose of connecting passengers with you to help them move around cities more efficiently.
- Geolocation and driving routes are processed to analyse the geographical area and give you route suggestions. If you do not want to disclose your geolocation for passengers, you must close the Bolt app or indicate in the Bolt app that you are offline and currently are not providing transportation services.
- Information about your driver's license, profession, identity documents and criminal convictions and offences are processed to determine the compliance with the legal requirements and the suitability of pursuing a profession as a driver.
- The Bolt app displays your photo, name and vehicle details so that passengers can identify you and your vehicle.
- You will receive summaries from the Bolt Driver Portal, which will include your efficiency and ratings as a driver. Summary and ratings about you are necessary to provide reliable services for passengers.
3. Legal basis
- Personal data is processed for the performance of the contract entered into with you. The processing of your driver's identification and geolocation data is a prerequisite for your use of the Bolt services.
- Personal data may be processed on the ground of legitimate interest in investigating and detecting fraudulent payments.
- Data regarding the criminal convictions and offences is processed for compliance with a legal obligation.
- Your personal data is only disclosed to passengers, whose order has been accepted by you. Passengers will see your name, vehicle, phone number, photo and geolocation data. Passengers also see your personal data in the receipt.
5. Security and storage
- Any personal data collected in the course of providing services is transferred to and stored in the data centres of Zone Media LTD and/or Amazon Web Services, Inc., which are located in the territories of Member States of the European Union. Only authorised employees of Bolt group companies and partners have access to the personal data and they may access the data only for the purpose of resolving issues associated with the use of the services (including disputes regarding transportation services).
- Bolt group companies and partners can access personal data to the extent necessary to provide customer support in the respective country. More information can be found at https://bolt.eu/cities/.
6. Processing passengers personal data
- You may not process the personal data of passengers without our permission. You may not contact any passenger or collect, record, store, grant access, use or cross-use the personal data provided by the passenger or accessible to you via the Bolt app for any reason other than for the purposes of providing the transportation services.
7. Access, correction, retention, deletion and data portability
- Personal data can be viewed and corrected in the Bolt Driver Portal. You may also contact our customer support or Data Protection Officer on the details below to request access to or correction of your personal data.
- There is no charge for requesting access to your personal data but we may require you to meet our reasonable costs in providing you with access.
- We will endeavour to respond to your requests to access or correct personal information within a reasonable time of receiving written notice of your request.
- There are some circumstances in which we are not required to give you access to your personal data. If we do not agree to provide you with access to or to correct your personal data, we will give you reasons explaining why.
- Your personal data will be stored as long as you have an active driver's account. If your account is closed, the personal data will be stored for additional 3 year period.
- Data necessary for accounting purposes shall be stored for 7 years.
- In the event that there are suspicions of a administrational or criminal offence, fraud or false information, the data shall be stored for 10 years.
- In the event of disputes, the data shall be retained until the claim is satisfied or until the expiry date of such claims.
- We will endeavour to respond to a request for deleting and transferring personal data submitted by an e-mail within a month and will specify the period of data deletion and transfer.
- Complaints relating to the processing of personal data should be made to customer support (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by contacting Bolt's Data Protection Officer (email@example.com). We take complaints seriously and will endeavour to respond within a reasonable time of receiving written notice of your complaint.
- If you have not received a response of any kind in relation to your complaint within 30 days, you have the right to take the matter directly to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.