Taxify OÜ (Company Registration Number 12417834) located at Vana-Lõuna 39/1, Tallinn 10134, Estonia, is the controller of personal data of passengers and has appointed a Data Protection Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The term "us" or "we" refers to the owner of the Bolt app, Taxify OÜ, a private limited company, founded in the Republic of Estonia.
1. Personal data we collect
- Name, phone number, e-mail address.
- Your geolocation and the time and the destination of a journey.
- Payment information.
- Information about disputes.
- Identification data of the device on which the Bolt app has been installed.
2. Purpose of the collection and disclosure
- We collect and process your personal data for the purpose of connecting you with drivers to help you move around cities more efficiently.
- We display your geolocation data and phone number to drivers to enable efficient pick-up. Geolocation data is collected only when the Bolt app is activated. The collection of geolocation data stops after closing the Bolt app. In some countries drivers cannot see passengers' phone numbers; the driver sees an altogether different number which temporarily diverts to the passenger's phone number enabling the driver and passenger to communicate.
- We may use geolocation data to resolve quality issues related to transportation services.
- We use contact details to notify you of updates to the Bolt app.
- We collect data of the routes taken by drivers and passengers to analyse the geographic coverage in order to provide recommendations to the drivers about most efficient routes.
- Your name, phone number and e-mail will be used to communicate with you about the Bolt app and services.
- We obtain your payment details to process payments on behalf of drivers for transportation services.
- Customer support data is collected on a case-by-case basis and stored for the purpose of resolving disputes and service quality issues.
3. Legal Basis
- Personal data is processed in order to provide the Bolt services to you. We collect and process the personal data submitted by you in the course of installation and use of the Bolt app. Your agreement to the processing of identification and geolocation data is a prerequisite for your use of Bolt services.
- Personal data may be also processed on legitimate interest grounds, for example in investigating and detecting fraudulent payments.
- Your personal data is only disclosed to a driver who has activated Bolt app. In such case, the driver will see your name, phone number (in some countries the number is masked) and geolocation data.
- After providing the transportation service, your name and telephone number (in some countries the number is masked) will remain visible to the driver for 24 hours. This is necessary for drivers to resolve any issues associated with the services provided, e.g., to contact you if something was left behind in the vehicle.
- Feedback given by you regarding the quality of the services is anonymous and drivers do not receive names and telephone numbers of the passengers who provide ratings and feedback.
5. Security and storage
- Any personal data collected in the course of providing the services is transferred to and stored in the data centres of Zone Media Ltd. and/or Amazon Web Services, Inc., which are located in the territories of Member States of the European Union. Only authorised employees of Bolt group companies and partners have access to the personal data and they may access the data only for the purpose of resolving issues associated with the use of the services (including disputes regarding transportation services).
- Taxify OÜ group companies and partners can access personal data to the extent necessary to provide customer support in the respective country. More information can be found at https://bolt.eu/cities/.
- Geolocation data is processed in anonymised form and personalized only if the geographical location data is needed to be linked to you for the purposes of resolving disputes or fraud.
- The data is used in unidentified form (anonymized) for research and scientific purposes.
6. Access and correction
- You can access and update or correct your personal data via the Bolt app. You may also contact our customer support or Data Protection Officer on the details below to request access to or correction of your personal data.
- There is no charge for requesting access to your personal data but we may require you to meet our reasonable costs in providing you with access.
- We will endeavour to respond to your requests to access or correct personal information within a reasonable time of receiving written notice of your request.
- There are some circumstances in which we are not required to give you access to your personal data. If we do not agree to provide you with access to or to correct your personal data, we will give you reasons explaining why.
- Financial data regarding transportation services provided to you will be stored for 3 years after the last journey.
- Data required for accounting purposes will be stored for 7 years after the last journey.
- In the event that there are suspicions of a criminal offence, fraud or false information having been provided, the data will be stored for 10 years.
- In the case of payment disputes, data will be retained until the claim is satisfied or until the expiry date of such claims.
- Journey history data will be stored for 3 years, after which the data will be anonymized.
- Please note that the deinstallation of Bolt app in your device does not cause the deletion of your personal data.
- If the Bolt app has not been used for 3 years, we will notify you and ask you to confirm whether account is still active. If no reply is received, the account will be closed and personal data will be deleted unless such data is required to be stored for accounting, dispute resolution or fraud prevention purposes.
- Any request to delete your personal data is possible only if we delete your account. As a result of that, you will not be able to use Bolt app via an account which has been deleted.
- We will endeavour to respond to any request for to delete personal data submitted by e-mail within a month and will specify the period of data deletion.
- We will endeavour to respond to any request for transfer of personal data submitted by e-mail within a month and specify when the data transfer will take place. After we have verified your identity, we will provide you with your personal data, which includes your contact information, last 3 years' journey history and payment information.
10. Direct marketing
- We will only use your e-mail address and/or phone number to send direct marketing messages if you have given us permission to do so via the bolt.eu website or via the Bolt app. We may personalize direct marketing messages using information we have collected about how you use the Bolt services (frequency of use, journeys, payments etc.).
- If you no longer wish to receive direct marketing messages, please click the "Unsubscribe" link in the footer of our e-mail or in profile section of the Bolt app.
- Complaints relating to the processing of personal data should be made to customer support (email@example.com) or by contacting Bolt's Data Protection Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org). We take complaints seriously and will endeavour to respond within a reasonable time of receiving written notice of your complaint.
- If you have not received a response of any kind in relation to your complaint within 30 days, you have the right to take the matter directly to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.