BOLT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These General Terms and Conditions set out the terms and conditions applying to and governing the usage of the Bolt app - technology which connects passengers with drivers to help them move around cities more efficiently.
The term "us", "we" or "Bolt" refers to the owner of the Bolt app, Taxify OÜ, a private limited company, founded in the Republic of Estonia (Company Registration Number 12417834), whose place of business is at Vana-Lõuna tn 39/1, Tallinn 10134, but also to Taxify group companies and partners (local subsidiaries, representatives, affiliates, agents etc). The list of Taxify group companies and partners is available at https://bolt.eu/cities/.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE ACCESSING OR USING THE BOLT APP.
Your access to and use of the Bolt app consitutes your agreement to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and establishes a contractual relationship between you and Bolt. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, you may not access or use the Bolt app and services. These Terms and Conditions expressly supersede prior agreements or arrangements with you.
1. Using the Bolt app
- 1.1 You acknowledge that Bolt does not provide transportation services or function as a transportation carrier, and that all such transportation services are provided by independent third party contractors who are not employed by Bolt or any of its affiliates.
- 1.2 The use of the Bolt app requires installation of the software and registration of a user account. During the installation of the Bolt app, the mobile number of the Bolt service user is linked to the respective user account and added to the database.
- 1.3 Users are responsible for the security of their user name and password for the Bolt app. Bolt may assume that anyone using a user's user name and password is authorised by the user to do so. Users must notify Bolt immediately on becoming aware of any unauthorised use of their user name or password or of any other security breach in connection with the Bolt app.
- 1.4 When using the Bolt app, the user can choose whether he/she wishes to pay for the transportation service using a credit or debit card.
- 1.5 Any questions or complaints can be sent to our support team via email email@example.com.
2. Bolt credit card and mobile payment conditions (available only in certain countries, please follow instructions on your local application)
- 2.1 The user of the Bolt app can pay for the transportation service (and any tolls, fees or levies payable in respect of the transportation service or this app) with a debit card or credit card payment, which requires the prior activation of the debit card or credit card data within the Bolt app. The use of credit and debit card payments are subject to these Terms and Conditions.
- 2.2 Bolt gives estimates of the fare you will be charged for the transportation service. The actual fare may be different as the actual fare is calculated by reference to the actual distance travelled and time taken for the journey. Estimates do not include any tolls which may or may not be incurred depending on the route taken. Upfront Fare. You may be offered to use a ride option that allows you to agree to a fixed fare for a given instance of a transportation service provided to you (Upfront Fare). The Upfront Fare is communicated via the Bolt app before the ride is requested. The fare calculated in accordance with distance and time may be applied instead of Upfront Fare if you change the destination during the ride, the ride takes materially longer than estimated due to traffic or other factors, or when other unexpected circumstances impact the characteristics of the ride materially (e.g. a route is used where tolls or other charges apply).
- 2.3 When making credit or debit card payments, the receiver of the payment is Bolt, who pays the transportation service provider. You agree that payments to Bolt, are facilitated by Bolt Australia Pty Ltd. Bolt appoints Bolt Australia Pty Ltd to respond to any complaints and settle any disputes in relation to payments made to Bolt. You agree to discuss any complaints with Bolt Australia Pty Ltd using the contact details in clause 1.5.
- 2.4 For debit card and credit card payments, Bolt may charge a service fee for each payment that is added to each order of transportation service. The service fee is for Visa / MasterCard service fees. The amount of the service fee is displayed in the mobile app. Your bank may make additional charges for use of your credit or debit card (which are not shown in the mobile app).
- 2.5 Bolt shall be responsible for the functioning of debit card and credit card payments and offers card owners support in solving problems. The resolution of debit card and credit card related disputes also takes place through Bolt. The contact for Bolt debit card and credit card payment support service is: firstname.lastname@example.org . Inquiries submitted by e-mail shall receive a response within one business day. Bolt shall endeavour to resolve all credit card and mobile payment related complaints and applications within two business days.
- 2.6 When offering debit card and credit card payments, Bolt collects the payment for transportation service providers. The obligation of the customer to pay the transportation service provider shall be considered fulfilled as of the moment when the payment order is made for the payment of funds into the Bolt bank account.
- 2.7 The intermediation of credit card payments in the Bolt app is carried out through ADYEN BV pursuant to the following conditions: https://docs.adyen.com/legal/terms-conditionshttps://www.adyen.com/home/support/manuals.
3. Ordering or cancelling a transportation service and damage to vehicles
- 3.1 If you order a transportation service, and the driver has confirmed the receipt of the service, then the transportation is considered pre-ordered.
- 3.2 Cancelling an ordered transportation occurs where the driver has received an order and you cancel the service after the driver has received the notice.
- 3.3 It is also considered to be a cancellation of the transportation service where you, or people for whom the transportation was ordered, are not present in the vehicle within 8 minutes of the time when the driver notified you about the arrival of the vehicle at its destination.
- 3.4 If you would like to cancel your booking request for a transportation service, you can do so at any time before you begin your journey by informing the driver through the applicable functionality available on the Bolt app . If you cancel your booking request more than 5 minutes after it was accepted by a driver, we may charge you an administration fee of A$5 on behalf of the driver. The administration fee will be up to the amount specified on Bolt's website for the relevant city in which the transport service is booked. See https://bolt.eu/en-au/ for more information.
- 3.5 We have the right to revoke your right to use the app if you have cancelled or failed to use the booked transportation service on three successive instances in one 24 hour period. You will be notified about the number of cancellations and after cancelling or failing to use the transportation service the third time, Bolt may cancel your access to the Bolt app. Access can be cancelled for up to six months. After that time, you can reactivate your user account by contacting the local Bolt team via email.
- 3.6 The transport service provider may ask you to pay a fee for cleaning a vehicle if you or your co-passengers negligently damage the vehicle or its furnishing (including by blemishing or staining the vehicle or causing the vehicle to smell). The transport service provider may ask you to pay an amount in excess of A$50 for damage to the vehicle. If you do not pay the $50 charge, we may deduct it from your debit card or credit card.
4. Use of the Bolt app
- 4.1 Bolt is a mobile app enabling the persons requiring a transportation service to find a suitable provider by sharing data on their geographic location.
- 4.2 The use of the Bolt app is based on a non-exclusive licence issued by Bolt. The licence agreement is valid for a non-limited period and is free of charge for you. In case of any faults in the software, we shall endeavour to correct them as soon as possible, but please keep in mind that the functioning of the app may be restricted due to occasional technical errors and we are not able to guarantee unlimited faultless functioning of the app at all times. We accept no liability for any losses incurred as a consequence of the Bolt app not functioning or not being usable in the desired manner. In the event that your right to use the app is cancelled, the corresponding non-exclusive licence shall also be terminated.
- 4.3 As the Bolt app is a means of communication between customers and transportation service providers, Bolt cannot influence or take any responsibility for the quality or defects of the service. For this reason, we are unable to guarantee consistently accurate and faultless provision of transportation services located via Bolt. For resolving complaints please contact our support team (see clause 1.5).
- 4.4 The Bolt app does not constitute an offer or brokerage of transportation for customers. The Bolt app is not a means for organising the provision of transportation services. It is also not an agency service for finding customers for transportation providers.
5. By registering an account with Bolt, you accept the following conditions
- 5.3 Bolt has the right to send authentication codes through SMS messages. If you agree through our opt in feature in the Bolt app, we may also send you marketing messages.
6. Good practice of using the Bolt app
- 6.1 Bolt is committed to contributing to improvement of the quality of transportation services. For this reason, we ask you to fill out a feedback form in the Bolt app. This enables us to offer suggestions to the transportation service providers for improving the quality of their service.
- 6.2 We expect that you will use the Bolt app in good faith and be respectful of the drivers who offer their services through Bolt.
- 6.3 Bolt shall make every effort to ensure that only drivers who have integrity and are respectful of their profession and customers use the Bolt app. However, we are in no position to guarantee that every provider of transportation services, located via the Bolt app, satisfies these criteria at all times. If you experience objectionable transportation service, please notify us via our support team (referred to in clause 1.5).
7. Free rides referral campaign
- 7.1 Bolt shall reward users with a discount code for every new unique user they invite to use the app.
- 7.2 Bolt has the right to void any discount codes and block user accounts if it suspects any wrongful activities and charge the user for the damages caused. This may include agreeing with a driver to provide services outside of the Bolt app.
8. Apple App Store Provisions
- 8.1 This clause applies where the Bolt app has been acquired from the Apple App Store. You acknowledge and agree that the agreement for use of the Bolt app is solely between you and Bolt, not Apple, Inc. ( Apple ) and that Apple has no responsibility for the App or content thereof. Your use of the App must comply with the App Store Terms of Service (Apple Terms of Service).
- 8.2 You acknowledge that Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the App. In the event of any failure of the Bolt app to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify Apple, and (where applicable) Apple will refund the purchase price for the Bolt app to you. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the Bolt app, and any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any warranty will be solely governed by the Apple Terms of Service and any law applicable to Bolt as provider of the Bolt app.
- 8.3 You acknowledge that Apple is not responsible for addressing any claims of you or any third party relating to the Bolt app or your possession and/or use of the Bolt app, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the Bolt app fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation; and all such claims are governed solely by the Apple Terms of Service and any law applicable to Bolt as provider of the software.
- 8.4 You acknowledge that, in the event of any third-party claim that the Bolt app or your possession and use of that Bolt app infringes that third party's intellectual property rights, Bolt, not Apple, will be solely responsible for the investigation, defence, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim to the extent required by the Apple Terms of Service.
- 8.5 You represent and warrant that (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a 'terrorist supporting' country; and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
- 8.6 You and Bolt acknowledge and agree that Apple, and Apple's subsidiaries, are third-party beneficiaries of the Apple Terms of Service as relates to your license of the Bolt app, and that, upon your acceptance of the Apple Terms of Service, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce the Apple Terms of Service as relates to your license of the Bolt app against you as a third-party beneficiary thereof.
9. Google Play Store Provisions
- 9.1 This clause 9 applies where the Bolt app has been acquired from the Google Play Store.
- 9.1.1 You acknowledge that the Terms of Service is between you and Bolt, and not with Google, Inc. ( Google );
- 9.1.2 Your use of the Bolt app must comply with Google's then-current Google Play Store Terms of Service (Google Terms of Service);
- 9.1.3 Google is only a provider of the Google Play Store where you obtained the Bolt app;
- 9.1.4 Bolt, and not Google, is solely responsible for its Bolt app;
- 9.1.5 Google has no obligation or liability to you with respect to the Bolt app or the Google Terms of Service; and
- 9.1.6 You acknowledge and agree that Google is a third-party beneficiary to the Google Terms of Service as they relate to the Bolt app.
10. Your content
- 10.1 You confirm that any text, images or any other information that you provide to us whilst using the Service ( User Content ) will meet the Rules of Acceptable Use in clause 11.
- 10.2 We do not claim ownership over your User Content and ownership will remain with you and any third party whose content you include in your User Content. You grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free and perpetual licence to use, copy, reproduce, distribute, adapt, re-format, modify, publish, translate, licence, sub-licence, and exploit the User Content anywhere and in any form for the purposes of providing our services (including, where applicable, allowing other users to view your User Content).
- 10.3 You must ensure that you are able to grant us the above licence for any content owned by a third party that you include in your User Content.
- 10.5 We have the right to monitor any User Content and to reject, refuse or delete any User Content where we think that it breaks any of the Rules of Acceptable Use.
11. Rules of Acceptable Use
- 11.1 In addition to the other requirements within these Terms and Conditions, this section describes specific rules that apply to your use of the Bolt app ( Rules of Acceptable Use ).
- 11.2 When using the Bolt app you must not:
- 11.2.1 circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with any security related features of the Bolt app;
- 11.2.2 permit another person to use the Bolt app on your behalf unless such person is authorised by you;
- 11.2.3 use the Bolt app if we have suspended or banned you from using it;
- 11.2.4 advocate, promote or engage in any illegal or unlawful conduct or conduct that causes damage or injury to any person or property;
- 11.2.5 modify, interfere, intercept, disrupt or hack the Bolt app;
- 11.2.6 misuse the Bolt app by knowingly introducing viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which would harm the Bolt app or any user of the Bolt app;
- 11.2.7 collect any data from the Bolt app other than in accordance with these Terms and Conditions;
- 11.2.8 submit or contribute any User Content that contains nudity or violence or is abusive, threatening, obscene, misleading, untrue or offensive;
- 11.2.9 submit or contribute any User Content that you do not own or have the right to use or otherwise infringe the copyright, trademark or other rights of third parties;
- 11.2.10 use any User Content in violation of any licensing terms specified by the owner;
- 11.2.11 submit or contribute any information or commentary about another person without that person's permission;
- 11.2.12 threaten, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or
- 11.2.13 use any automated system, including without limitation 'robots', 'spiders' or 'offline readers' to access the Bolt app in a manner that send more request messages to the Bolt app than a human can reasonably produce in the same period of time.
- 11.3 Failure to comply with Rules of Acceptable Use constitutes a serious breach of these Terms and Conditions, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions (with or without notice):
- 11.3.1 immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Bolt app;
- 11.3.2 immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any User Content;
- 11.3.3 issuing of a warning to you;
- 11.3.4 legal action against you including proceedings for reimbursement of all costs (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach; or
- 11.3.5 disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
- 11.4 The responses described in clause 11.3 are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
- 12.1 The Bolt app, its content and functionality is provided on an 'as is' and 'as available' basis. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Bolt and its Affiliates exclude and disclaim to the maximum extent permitted by law all guarantees, conditions, warranties or terms of any kind, whether express or implied or imposed by any applicable law. Bolt and its Affiliates do not represent, warrant or guarantee that access to the Website or Bolt app will be uninterrupted or error free.
- 12.2 Nothing in the Agreement excludes, restricts or modifies any guarantee, warranty, term or condition, right or remedy implied or imposed by any applicable law which cannot lawfully be excluded, restricted or modified.
- 12.3 If any guarantee, condition, warranty or term is implied or imposed by any applicable law and cannot be excluded ( Non-Excludable Provision ), and Bolt is able to limit your remedy for a breach of the Non-Excludable Provision, then Bolt's liability for breach of the Non-Excludable Provision is limited exclusively (so far as applicable laws do not prohibit) to one or more of the following at Bolt's option:
- 12.3.1 in the case of goods, the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods, the repair of the goods, the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods, or the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired; or
- 12.3.2 in the case of services, the supplying of the services again, or the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
- 12.4 Failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions could mean access to the Bolt app is refused.
- 12.4 To the maximum extent permitted under the applicable law, Bolt and/or any of its Affiliates, representatives, directors and employees are not liable for any loss or damage that you may incur under or in connection with the Agreement or as a result of using the Bolt app, including but not limited to:
- 12.4.1 any direct or indirect property damage or monetary loss;
- 12.4.2 loss of profit or anticipated savings;
- 12.4.3 loss of business, contracts, contacts, goodwill, reputation and any loss that may arise from interruption of the business;
- 12.4.4 loss or inaccuracy of data; and
- 12.4.5 any other type of loss or damage.