Bolt Technology OÜ (Company Registration Number 12417834) located at Vana-Lõuna 39/1, Tallinn
10134, Estonia, is the controller of personal data of passengers and has appointed a Data
Protection Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The term "us" or "we" refers to the owner of the Bolt app, Bolt Technology OÜ, a private limited
company, founded in the Republic of Estonia.
1. Personal data we process
- Name, phone number, e-mail address.
- Geolocation of the passenger, the time and the destination of a journey.
- Payment information.
- Information about disputes.
- Identification data of the device on which the Bolt app has been installed.
2. Purpose of the process
- We collect and process personal data for the purpose of connecting passengers with
drivers to help them move around cities more efficiently.
- We display geolocation data and the phone number of passengers to drivers to enable
efficient pick-up. Geolocation data is collected only when the Bolt app is activated.
The collection of geolocation data stops after closing the Bolt app. In some countries
drivers cannot see passengers’ phone numbers; the driver sees an altogether different
number which temporarily diverts to the passenger’s phone number enabling the
driver and passenger to communicate.
- We may use geolocation data to resolve quality issues related to transportation
- We use contact details to notify passengers of updates to the Bolt app.
- We collect data of the routes taken by drivers and passengers to analyse the
geographic coverage in order to provide recommendations to the drivers about most
- Your name, phone number and e-mail will be used to communicate with you.
- We obtain payment details to process passengers' payment on behalf of drivers for
- Customer support data is collected on a case-by-case basis and stored for the
purpose of resolving disputes and service quality issues.
3. Legal Basis
- Personal data is processed in order to provide the service contracted with passengers.
We collect and processes the personal data submitted by the passengers in the course of installation and use of the Bolt app. The prerequisite for the use of Bolt
services is passengers agreeing to the processing of identification and geolocation
- Personal data may be also processed on legitimate interest grounds, for example in
investigating and detecting fraudulent payments.
- The personal data of passenger is only disclosed to driver who has activated Bolt app;
in such case, driver will see the name, phone number (in some countries the number is
masked) and geolocation data of the passenger.
- After providing the transportation service, the name and the telephone number (in
some countries the number is masked) of the passenger will remain visible to the
driver for 24 hours. This is necessary for drivers to resolve any issues associated with
service provision, e.g., to contact the passenger if something was left behind in the
- Feedback given by passengers regarding the quality of the service is anonymous and
drivers do not receive names and telephone numbers of the passenger who provided
rating and feedback.
- Depending on the location of the passenger, the personal data may be disclosed to
the Bolt Technology OÜ group companies and partners (local subsidiaries, representatives,
affiliates, agents etc). Processing of personal data by Bolt Technology OÜ group companies and
partners will occur under the same conditions as established in this privacy notice.
5. Security and access
- Any personal data collected in the course of providing the services is transferred to
and stored in the data centres of Zone Media Ltd. and/or Amazon Web Services, Inc.,
which are located in the territories of a Member States of the European Union. Only
authorised employees of Bolt Technology OÜ group companies and partners have access to the
personal data and they may access the data only for the purpose of resolving issues
associated with the use of the services (including disputes regarding transportation
- Bolt Technology OÜ group companies and partners can access personal data to the extent
necessary to provide customer support in the respective country, see
- Geolocation data is processed in anonymised form and personalized only if the
geographical location data is needed to be linked to a passenger for resolving
disputes or fraud.
- For research and scientific purposes, the data is used in unidentified form
6. Access and correction
- You can access and update your personal data via the Bolt app.
- Your personal data will be stored as long as you have an active passenger account. If
your account is closed, personal data will be deleted (according to the policies set out in this section) from the databases, unless such data is required to be retained for
accounting, dispute resolution or fraud prevention purposes.
- Financial data regarding transportation services provided to passengers will be stored
for 3 years after the last journey.
- Data required for accounting purposes will be stored for 7 years [after the last journey].
- In the event that there are suspicions of a criminal offence, fraud or false information
having been provided, the data will be stored for 10 years.
- In case of payment disputes, data will be retained until the claim is satisfied or the
expiry date of such claims.
- Journey history data will be stored for 3 years, after which the data will be
- Please note that the deinstallation of Bolt app in your device does not cause the
deletion of your personal data.
- If the Bolt app has not been used for 3 years, we will notify you and ask you to confirm
whether account is still active. If no reply is received, the account will be closed and
personal data will be deleted unless such data is required to be stored for accounting,
dispute resolution or fraud prevention purposes.
- You should also bear in mind that any request to delete your personal data is possible
only if we delete your account. As a result of that you will not be able to use Bolt app
via an account which has been deleted.
- We respond to any request for to delete personal data submitted by e-mail within a
month and will specify the period of data deletion.
- We will respond to any request for transfer of personal data submitted by e-mail within
a month and specify when the data transfer will take place. After we have verified the
customer in question, we will provide you with you personal data, which includes:
contact information, last 3 years’ journey history and payment information.
10. Direct marketing
- We will only use your e-mail address and/ or phone number to send direct marketing
messages if you have given us permission to do so via the bolt.eu website or via the
Bolt app. We may personalize direct marketing messages using the information how
you use Bolt services (frequency of use, journeys, payments).
- If you no longer wish to receive direct marketing messages, please click the
“Unsubscribe” link in the footer of our e-mail or in profile section of the Bolt app.
11. Dispute resolution
- Disputes relating to the processing of personal data are resolved through customer
support (email@example.com) or by contacting Taxify’s Data Protection Officer
- The supervisory authority is the Estonian Data Protection Inspectorate (www.aki.ee)
which can be contacted by email firstname.lastname@example.org.