1. COMPETITION ORGANISER 1.1 This Competition is run by Bolt Services ZA (Pty) Ltd, a company registered in South Africa and acting as a support service provider assisting with the operation of the Bolt ride hailing app in South Africa ("Bolt"). 1.2. For general questions arising out of these Terms and Conditions and/or related to this Competition, please contact Bolt at johannesburg@Bolt.eu.
2. GENERAL 2.1. The Competition will run from 00:00am SAST on 05/12/2019 (the "Opening Date") to 23:59pm SAST on 05/01/2020 (the "Closing Date") (the time from the Opening Date to the Closing Date is known as the “Competition Period”).
2.2. By participating in the Competition, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
3. HOW TO ENTER 3.1. All Drivers will be automatically entered into the Competition but will need to meet eligibility requirements of these terms to participate. 3.2. Bolt will not accept: 3.2.1. responsibility for Competition entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any postal failure, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or 3.2.2. proof of posting or transmission as proof of receipt of entry to the Competition. 3.3. Drivers will collect points in accordance with clause 6.1 which will determine the eligibility for the Draw in accordance with section 6. 3.4. Any incorrect details submitted may render the corresponding entry invalid. 3.5. No entry fee shall apply for this Competition.
4. ELIGIBILITY 4.1. In order to participate, Drivers must meet the eligibility requirements of the Competition. Failure to meet the eligibility requirements will result in an entry being invalid and/or forfeiture of any applicable prizes. 4.2. To participate in the Competition, you will need: 4.2.1. To be an active or new driver during the Competition Period using the Bolt platform to provide independent transportation services (“Driver”); 4.2.2. To have a valid phone number and email registered in the Bolt Driver app. 4.3. The Competition is only open to residents in South Africa who are eligible to be approved as a Driver on the Bolt driver app at the time of entering the Competition to the Closing Date inclusive, except: 4.3.1. employees of Bolt or its holding or subsidiary companies; 4.3.2. employees of agents or suppliers of Bolt or its holding or subsidiary companies, who are professionally connected with the Competition or its administration; or 4.3.3. members of the immediate families or households of (i) and (ii) above. 4.4. Competition points that are determined to be obtained fraudulently by Bolt will be terminated. Any fraudulent collection of Points will result in your immediate disqualification from the Competition. Bolt will determine fraudulent activities at its sole discretion. The decision of Bolt in determining fraudulent activities is final. 4.5. Bolt may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the Competition or receive any applicable prize. 4.6. Any Driver in breach of Bolts terms for drivers will be disqualified. Please see these terms here: https://bolt.eu/en/legal/terms-for-drivers. Bolt reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the Competition.
5. PRIZES 5.1. The “Grand Prize” is a payment on behalf of the winning driver for the purchase of a 2019 Toyota Corolla 1.3 Prestige (“Grand Prize”). 5.2. The Grand Prize for this competition which will be allocated to the first place Driver (“Winner”). The purchase cost, road tax, and vehicle registration will be covered by Bolt. Any additional insurance, additional options, fees, petrol, and any and all costs not included in the foregoing is the responsibility of the Winner. 5.3. The Grand Prize may not be taken as cash. Bolt will arrange the purchase of the Grand Prize on behalf of the Winner. 5.4. The Grand Prize are all subject to availability. Bolt reserves the right to substitute the Grand Prize with a Grand Prize of equal or greater value. 5.5. The Grand Prize are not otherwise negotiable, exchangeable, or transferable.
6. GRAND PRIZE WINNER 6.1. There is only one Grand Prize. The Grand Prize will be awarded to the Winner which will be determined in a final draw system (“Draw”) in accordance with this section 6. 6.2. Points will be awarded during the Competition Period to Drivers as follows: 6.2.1. **point for every 4 trips completed: **For every 4 Bolt app trips completed during the Competition Period, you will receive 1 point; 6.2.2. **times the points of 6.2.1 on certain days: **On the following dates you will be awarded 2 points instead of 1 for every 4 Bolt app trips complete: 15/12/2019; 16/12/2019; 24/12/2019; 25/12/2019; 31/12/2019; and 1/01/2020; 6.3. After the Closing Date the top 350 Drivers with the most points accumulated in accordance with section 6.2 will be entered into the Draw for the Grand Prize. If there is a tie for the 350th position, then all tied Drivers with the 350th position will be entered. 6.4. The Draw for the Grand Prize will be completed no later than 31/01/2020. The decision of Bolt is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into. 6.5. The Winner will be contacted no later than 7 days after the Draw is complete. Bolt will contact the Winner personally on the telephone number or email address provided at the time of activation or as updated in the Bolt Driver App. It is all Drivers’ responsibility to ensure that these details are up to date. 6.6. It is a requirement of entry that Drivers consent to Bolt: i) taking pictures of the Drivers participating in the Competition and the Grand Prize Winner; and ii) publishing or making available the, picture, name and city of the Winner or other participating Drivers. If you object to i or ii above, please contact Bolt via johannesburg@Bolt.eu. In such circumstances, you will be disqualified from entry to this competition. Bolt may still be required to provide the information and winning entry to a regulatory authority on request.
7. CLAIMING THE PRIZE 7.1. If you are the Grand Prize Winner, Bolt will contact you through the contact information you have registered in the app. You will have 28 days from the announcement date to claim the Grand Prize by responding to the notification from Bolt. If you do not claim any prize awarded by this date, your claim will become invalid. Bolt will make all reasonable efforts to contact the Grand Prize Winner. However, if they cannot be contacted or are not available, or have not claimed awarded a prize within 28 days of the announcement date, Bolt reserves the right to offer the Grand Prize to the next eligible entrant. This will be as determined by Bolt in the case Drivers awarded in accordance with clause 6.1 in the case of Grand Prize Winner. 7.2. The Winner must personally attend a photo ceremony to claim the Grand Prize (“Ceremony”). Bolt will notify the Winner of the date, time, and location of the Ceremony in advance. 7.3. The Winner must attend the Ceremony to claim the Grand Prize. Bolt does not accept any responsibility if you are not able to claim or take up the Grand Prize. 7.4. Grand Prize may not be claimed by a third party on your behalf. 7.5. It is a condition of accepting the Grand Prize that the Winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form to be determined by Bolt in its absolute discretion.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY 8.1. Nothing in these terms and conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude and liability to the extent that it cannot be legally limited or excluded by law, for death or personal injury arising out of its negligence, and for losses suffered as a result of a party's fraud or fraudulent statement. 8.2. Subject to the limitations above, Bolt excludes from these Terms and Conditions: (a) all conditions, warranties and terms implied by statute, general law or custom; (b) all liability whether arising in tort (including without limitation negligence), contract or otherwise, for any personal injury or any other loss or damage (including without limitation loss of opportunity or loss of profits); (c) all liability whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition, including, without limitation, the following: (i) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under Bolt's control); (ii) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iii) any entry or claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by Bolt) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Bolt; (iv) any tax implications; (v) any variation in reward value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (vi) any tax liability incurred by a successful claimant or entrant; and/or (vii) the Grand Prize or use of the Grand Prize.
9. PUBLICITY 9.1. You agree that Bolt may use your name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event you are the Winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) for its website https://bolt.eu and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, and in connection with any publicity of the Competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by Bolt. You agree to grant Bolt a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of such intellectual property rights, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence for such purposes. 9.2. On claiming the Grand Prize, you agree to make yourself available, free of charge, for, as a minimum, one or more personal appearances totaling 4 hours (excluding travel time) within 1 year of Grand Prize announcement subject to the terms below. 9.3. Each personal appearance will be at a mutually convenient location, jointly agreed between the parties. 9.4. The Winner agrees to comply with any reasonable instructions of Bolt and/or any contractor or agent of Bolt and with the rules of the studio or other location at which the personal appearance takes place. 9.5. Bolt shall, in its sole discretion, arrange for the Winner’s reasonable travel and other expenses incurred by the Winner when fulfilling the obligations set out in this paragraph 9.
11. GENERAL 11.1. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, Bolt may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the Competition. 11.2. Bolt reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the Grand Prize where it becomes necessary to do so. 11.3. These terms and conditions shall be governed by South African law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of South Africa.