Bolt Technology OÜ (Company Registration Number 12417834) located at Vana-Lõuna 15, Tallinn 10134, Estonia, is the controller of personal data of passengers and has appointed a Data Protection Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The term "us" or "we" refers to the owner of the Bolt app, Bolt Technology OÜ, a private limited company, founded in the Republic of Estonia.
1. Personal data we process
- Name, e-mail, phone number, place of residence.
- Geolocation of drivers and driving routes.
- Information about vehicles (including registration number).
- Carrier’s efficiency and ratings.
- Carrier’s license, photo, profession and identity documents.
- Data about criminal convictions and offences. The financial data of providing transportation services is not considered as personal data, because drivers provide services in the course of economic and professional activities.
2. Purposes of the processing
- Bolt and Bolt partners collect and process personal data for the purpose of registration of carriers and connecting passengers with carriers to help them move around cities more efficiently.
- Geolocation and driving routes are processed to analyse the geographical area and give suggestions to the carriers. If you do not want to disclose your geolocation for passengers, you must close the Bolt app or indicate in the Bolt app that you are offline and currently are not providing transportation services.
- Carrier’s license, profession, identity documents and criminal convictions and offences are processed to determine the compliance with the legal requirements and the suitability of pursuing a profession as a driver.
- Bolt app displays carrier’s photo, name and vehicle details for the passengers to identify carrier and vehicle.
- You will receive summaries from the Bolt Carrier Portal, which will include your efficiency and ratings as a carrier. Summary and ratings about carrier are necessary to provide a reliable services for passengers.
3. Legal basis
- Personal data is processed for the performance of the contract concluded with the carrier. The prerequisite for the use of the Bolt services is the processing of carrier's identification and geolocation data.
- Personal data may be processed on the ground of legitimate interest in investigating and detecting fraudulent payments.
- Data regarding the criminal convictions and offences is processed for compliance with a legal obligation.
- Your personal data is only disclosed to passengers, whose order has been accepted by you. Passengers will see carrier’s name, vehicle, phone number, photo and geolocation data. Passengers also see carrier’s personal data in the receipt.
5. Security and access
- Any personal data collected in the course of providing services is transferred to and stored in the data centres of Zone Media LTD and/or Amazon Web Services, Inc., which are located in the territories of a Member States of the European Union. Only authorised employees of Bolt Technology OÜ group companies and partners have access to the personal data and they may access the data only for the purpose of resolving issues associated with the use of the services (including disputes regarding transportation services).
- Bolt Technology OÜ group companies and partners can access personal data to the extent necessary to provide customer support in the respective country, see more https://bolt.eu/cities/.
- Bolt has implemented adequate technical and organisational measures to protect personal data against unauthorised, accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, misuse, disclosure or access and against all other unlawful forms of processing.
6. Processing passengers personal data
- You may not process the personal data of passengers without the permission of us. You may not contact any passenger or collect, record, store, grant access, use or cross-use the personal data provided by the passenger or accessible to you via the Bolt app for any reason other than for the purposes of fulfilling the transportation services.
7. Access, correction, retention, deletion and data portability
Personal data can be viewed and corrected in Bolt Carrier Portal.
You hereby give agree that:
a) Your personal data will be stored as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected including the period of having an active carrier's account and using Bolt services. Unless otherwise legally required or agreed, the data will remain stored as long as you have a Bolt account. . If your account will be closed the personal data will be stored for additional 3 year period.
b) Data necessary for accounting purposes shall be stored for 7 years.
c) In the event of suspicions of a administrational or criminal offence, fraud or false information, the data shall be stored for 10 years.
d) In the event of disputes, the data shall be retained until the claim is satisfied or the expiry date of such claims.
We respond to the request for deleting and transferring personal data submitted by an e-mail within a month and specify the period of data deletion and transfer.
8. Dispute resolution
- Disputes relating to the processing of personal data are resolved through customer support (email@example.com) or by contacting Bolt Technology OÜ’s Data Protection Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The supervisory authority is the Estonian Data Protection Inspectorate which can be contacted by email email@example.com.