Privacy Notice for Drivers
Bolt Operations OÜ (Company Registration Number 12417834) located at Vana-Lõuna tn 15, Tallinn 10134, Republic of Estonia, is the controller of personal data of drivers and has appointed a Data Protection Officer(firstname.lastname@example.org).
The term “us” or “we” refers to Bolt Operations OÜ a private limited company incorporated and registered under the laws of Republic of Estonia with registration code 14532901.
1. Personal data we process
- Name, e-mail, phone number, place of residence.
- Geolocation of drivers and driving routes.
- Information about vehicles (including registration number).
- Driver's engagement and interactions on the marketplace and driver ratings (including Driver Score).
- Driver's license, photo, profession and identity documents.
- Data about criminal convictions and offences.
- Communication and correspondence records: such as when the driver engages with our in-app chat ("Send a Message" option), or speak with our customer service agents, the date and time of the communication, and its content.
- Information required under applicable law for taxation purposes: such as your taxpayer identification number, VAT ID, place of birth, financial account identifier, information of each Member State in which you are a resident.
2. Purposes of the processing
- We collect and process personal data for the purpose of connecting passengers with drivers to help them move around cities more efficiently.
- Geolocation and driving routes are processed to analyse the geographical area and give suggestions to the drivers. If you do not want to disclose your geolocation for passengers, you must close the Bolt app or indicate in the Bolt app that you are offline and currently are not providing transportation services.
- Driver's license, profession, identity documents and criminal convictions and offences are processed to determine the compliance with the legal requirements and the suitability of pursuing a profession as a driver.
- Bolt app displays driver's photo, name and vehicle details for the passengers to identify driver and vehicle.
- You will receive summaries from the Bolt Driver Portal, which will include your efficiency and ratings as a driver. Summary and ratings about driver are necessary to provide a reliable services for passengers.
- Personal data related to instant messages directly in the Bolt app is processed in order to provide service and customer support (including resolving disputes between driver and rider), for security purposes as well as to improve our products and services, and for analysis.
- We collect and use information about a driver’s engagement and interaction on the marketplace, and their ratings (including Driver Score) to encourage user safety, ensure drivers comply with the Driver Terms, and make sure we’re providing a quality and enjoyable service to everyone. Where the Driver Score drops below a specified threshold, we may issue the driver with a notification or request to, for example, digest some further guidance. If your score continues to drop, you may be temporarily suspended from accessing the Bolt platform. You may appeal any decision to suspend your account. For further information on how to appeal a decision to suspend your account, please see our FAQ on Driver Score here.
3. Legal basis
- Personal data is processed for the performance of the contract concluded with the driver. The prerequisite for the use of the Bolt services is the processing of driver's identification and geolocation data.
- Personal data may be processed on the ground of legitimate interest, including for the purpose of investigating and detecting fraudulent payments.
- Data regarding the criminal convictions and offences is processed for compliance with a legal obligation.
- Your name and photo is disclosed to passengers, when you have received their order. When you have accepted the passenger’s order, passengers will see driver's name, vehicle, phone number, photo and geolocation data. Passengers also see driver's personal data in the receipt.
- Depending on the location of the driver, the personal data may be disclosed to the Bolt local subsidiaries, representatives, affiliates, agents, fleet owners etc). Processing of personal data by will occur under the same conditions as established in this privacy notice.
- We may disclose information under a court order or where we cooperate with a data protection supervisory authority in handling complaints or investigations. We may also share your personal data with law enforcement or other public authorities (such as tax authorities), including responding to requests when the information is required by law or furthers a public interest task. In any scenario, we’ll always satisfy ourselves that we have a lawful basis on which to share the information, and we’ll make sure that we document our decision.
5. Security and access
- Any personal data collected in the course of providing services is transferred to and stored in the data centres of Zone Media LTD and/or Amazon Web Services, Inc., which are located in the territories of a Member States of the European Union. Only authorised employees of Bolt group companies and partners have access to the personal data and they may access the data only for the purpose of resolving issues associated with the use of the services (including disputes regarding transportation services).
- Bolt group companies and partners can access personal data to the extent necessary to provide customer support in the respective country, see more https://bolt.eu/cities/.
6. Processing passengers personal data
- You may not process the personal data of passengers without the permission of us. You may not contact any passenger or collect, record, store, grant access, use or cross-use the personal data provided by the passenger or accessible to you via the Bolt app for any reason other than for the purposes of fulfilling the transportation services.
- You must comply with the rules and conditions for processing of personal data of passengers as set forth in the Privacy Notice for Passengers (http://www.bolt.eu/legal/). If you violate the requirements for the processing of personal data of passengers, we may terminate your drivers account and claim damages from you.
7. Access, correction, retention, deletion and data portability
- Personal data can be viewed and corrected in Bolt Driver Portal.
- Your personal data will be stored as long as you have an active driver's account. If your account will be closed the personal data will be stored for additional 3 year period.
- Data necessary for accounting purposes shall be stored for 7 years.
- In the event that there are suspicions of a criminal offence, fraud or false information having been provided, the data will be stored as long as necessary according to the internal, legal, and regulatory requirements.
- In the event of disputes, the data shall be retained until the claim is satisfied or the expiry date of such claims.
- We respond to the request for deleting and transferring personal data submitted by an e-mail within a month and specify the period of data deletion and transfer.
- The retention period for the data about instant messages directly in the Bolt app messages is 90 days, except cases where messages are related to a reported incident - in which case we will store them for 6 month..
8. Dispute resolution
- Disputes relating to the processing of personal data are resolved through customer support (email@example.com) or by contacting Bolt's Data Protection Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The supervisory authority is the Estonian Data Protection Inspectorate www.aki.ee) which can be contacted by email email@example.com.