If you find a lost item and you're not sure which passenger it belongs to or a phone was left:
- Private Hire drivers - Please contact our Support team, describe the item, and follow their instructions.
- Black Cab drivers - Please return the lost item to TfL's Lost Property Enquiry service or your local police station.
If you know which passenger left it, contact the passenger by going to your Ride history and selecting your trip (this option is available for 24 hours after the trip ends).
If you can reach the passenger, please ensure you return the item to them within 24 hours.
If you can't reach the passenger:
- Black Cab drivers - please return the lost item to TfL's Lost Property Enquiry service or your local police station
- Private Hire drivers - follow further instructions for your licensing area:
- Take the item to the London hub (Unit J, 175 Long Ln, London SE1 4GT (London Bridge).
Bath, Bristol, North Somerset
- Take the item to the Bristol hub (Newminster House).
Buckinghamshire, Portsmouth and Southampton
- Keep the property in your possession. If one of our team has not yet been in contact with you about the item, please contact our Support team via the app.
- Hold the lost property for 5 days. If it's not been reunited with the passenger within this time, take it to a local police station.
Manchester City, Bolton, Oldham, Sefton, Tameside
- Take the item to the Manchester hub (City View House, 5 Union Street, M12 5JD)
- Take the lost property to a local police station within 48 hours. Leave it in the custody of the person in charge and obtain a receipt for it.
- Take the lost property to the local council's office.
- Take any high-value items to a police station within 24 hours(e.g. laptops, tablets, smartphones, watches/jewellery, wallets/ID documents, and anything with an estimated value of over £500)
- All other items must be taken to the Bristol hub (Newminster House) as soon as possible.
Wolverhampton, Solihull, Dudley
- If the trip took place in the Birmingham operating area, drop the item at the Birmingham hub (22 Gas Street)
- Wolverhampton drivers only: If the trip took place in the Manchester area, drop the item at the Manchester hub (City View House).
All other UK licensing areas
- Take the lost property to a local police station within 24 hours
- Leave it in the custody of the person in charge and obtain a receipt for it.