Bolt Technology OÜ (Company Registration Number 12417834) located at Vana-Lõuna 39/1, Tallinn
10134, Estonia, is the controller of personal data of passengers and has appointed a Data
Protection Officer (email@example.com).
The term "us" or "we" refers to the owner of the Bolt app, Bolt Technology OÜ, a private limited
company, founded in the Republic of Estonia.
1. Personal data we process
- Name, e-mail, phone number, place of residence.
- Geolocation of drivers and driving routes.
- Information about vehicles (including registration number).
- Driver’s efficiency and ratings.
- Driver’s license, photo, profession and identity documents.
- Data about criminal convictions and offences. The financial data of providing
transportation services is not considered as personal data, because drivers provide
services in the course of economic and professional activities.
2. Purposes of the processing
- We collect and process personal data for the purpose of connecting passengers with
drivers to help them move around cities more efficiently.
- Geolocation and driving routes are processed to analyse the geographical area and
give suggestions to the drivers. If you do not want to disclose your geolocation for
passengers, you must close the Bolt app or indicate in the Bolt app that you are offline
and currently are not providing transportation services.
- Driver’s license, profession, identity documents and criminal convictions and offences
are processed to determine the compliance with the legal requirements and the
suitability of pursuing a profession as a driver.
- Bolt app displays driver’s photo, name and vehicle details for the passengers to
identify driver and vehicle.
- You will receive summaries from the Bolt Driver Portal, which will include your
efficiency and ratings as a driver. Summary and ratings about driver are necessary to
provide a reliable services for passengers.
3. Legal basis
- Personal data is processed for the performance of the contract concluded with the
driver. The prerequisite for the use of the Bolt services is the processing of driver's
identification and geolocation data.
- Personal data may be processed on the ground of legitimate interest in investigating
and detecting fraudulent payments.
- Data regarding the criminal convictions and offences is processed for compliance with
a legal obligation.
- Your personal data is only disclosed to passengers, whose order has been accepted
by you. Passengers will see driver’s name, vehicle, phone number, photo and
geolocation data. Passengers also see driver’s personal data in the receipt.
- Depending on the location of the driver, the personal data may be disclosed to the
Bolt Technology OÜ local subsidiaries, representatives, affiliates, agents etc). Processing of
personal data by will occur under the same conditions as established in this privacy
5. Security and access
- Any personal data collected in the course of providing services is transferred to and
stored in the data centres of Zone Media LTD and/or Amazon Web Services, Inc.,
which are located in the territories of a Member States of the European Union. Only
authorised employees of Bolt Technology OÜ group companies and partners have access to the
personal data and they may access the data only for the purpose of resolving issues
associated with the use of the services (including disputes regarding transportation
- Bolt Technology OÜ group companies and partners can access personal data to the extent
necessary to provide customer support in the respective country, see more
6. Processing passengers personal data
- You may not process the personal data of passengers without the permission of us.
You may not contact any passenger or collect, record, store, grant access, use or
cross-use the personal data provided by the passenger or accessible to you via the
Bolt app for any reason other than for the purposes of fulfilling the transportation
- You must comply with the rules and conditions for processing of personal data of
(http://www.bolt.eu/legal/). If you violate the requirements for the processing of
personal data of passengers, we may terminate your drivers account and claim
damages from you.
7. Access, correction, retention, deletion and data portability
- Personal data can be viewed and corrected in Bolt Driver Portal.
- Your personal data will be stored as long as you have an active driver's account. If
your account will be closed the personal data will be stored for additional 3 year
- Data necessary for accounting purposes shall be stored for 7 years.
- In the event of suspicions of a administrational or criminal offence, fraud or false
information, the data shall be stored for 10 years.
- In the event of disputes, the data shall be retained until the claim is satisfied or the
expiry date of such claims.
- We respond to the request for deleting and transferring personal data submitted by an
e-mail within a month and specify the period of data deletion and transfer.
8. Dispute resolution
- Disputes relating to the processing of personal data are resolved through customer
support (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by contacting Bolt Technology OÜ’s Data Protection Officer
- The supervisory authority is the Estonian Data Protection Inspectorate www.aki.ee)
which can be contacted by email email@example.com.