When signing up to drive with Bolt in South Africa, you will need to provide the following documents:
- Criminal Record Check
- Profile picture
- Motor Vehicle Licencing Disc with Operator Card
- Inspection report
- Insurance requirements
Criminal record check report
- All drivers looking to be activated must first pass the Huru criminal record check
- The criminal record check is mandatory and it must be renewed every 12 months.
- Criminal record checks older than 30 days will not be accepted.
- The report result has to state “No previous convictions” in order for it to be accepted.
- See the Huru website for further information about the service and centre locations.
- A valid South African Professional Driving Permit with goods and passengers is required (G,P)
- You can obtain this from your nearest licensing departments.
- You can use Natis to schedule a time to apply for your PrDP.
When signing up to drive with Bolt you must provide a standard profile picture that adheres to the following guidelines:
- Your face should be centered in the frame, with the camera positioned at eye level (a smile goes a long way!)
- You are the only person in the photo
- The image is clear and not blurred
- You aren’t wearing hats or sunglasses; eyeglasses and religious garments are acceptable.
- Photo is made in well-lit conditions, preferably facing a light source such as a lamp or window.
- The image has a solid background.
Motor Vehicle Licence Disc with Operator Card
- Visit the nearest roadworthy centre to request the license disc application form that is needed to submit to the licensing departments.
- All vehicles in South Africa must pass the Dekra Vehicle Shuttle inspection, please visit your closest branch to complete this.
- When performing the inspection, bring along your PrDP or ID document, in addition to the motor vehicle license disc with operator card.
- Physical inspections should be renewed every 12 months. You will be asked to perform an inspection for the vehicle you're using at the time.
- Bolt facilitates Passenger Liability Insurance for drivers to ensure that all passengers are sufficiently covered in case of an accident
- When your account is activated, you are automatically registered for the cover. However, you are strongly advised to have a comprehensive vehicle insurance policy to ensure you have financial protection in case anything should happen to your vehicle.